Sunday 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM on WUSF 89.7
Krista grew up in Oklahoma, went to the far-away land of Rhode Island to study at Brown University, and ended up in divided Germany for most of the 1980s, most of her 20s. She was The New York Times stringer in divided Berlin and reported and wrote as well for Newsweek, The International Herald Tribune, the BBC, and Die Zeit. Later she served as a special political assistant and chief Berlin aide to the U.S. Ambassador to West Germany.
She wrote her book (Speaking of Faith), in part, to answer the question she is often asked — how she went from that mode of geopolitical engagement to becoming a religious person again and studying theology. When she emerged with a Master of... Read More...
From On Point
- Parents On The Hook For Student Loans
Parents On The Hook For Student Loans
- Women Workers And The Future Of Manly Jobs
Women Workers And The Future Of Manly Jobs
- All In Again In Afghanistan?
After a bloody Taliban attack on a military base, Defense Secretary Mattis is in Afghanistan. How long and deeply should the U.S. stay involved?
- Higher Education And The Free Speech Debate
The flap over Ann Coulter at Berkeley is just the latest in a slew. We'll look at free speech and college campuses.
- A Big Call To Re-Connect With The Global Order
A grand new counter trend strategy for global order. Big foreign policy thinker Anne-Marie Slaughter says embrace connections not borders.
- The Meaning Of Our New Mindfulness
From apps, to the office, meditation and mindfulness are bigger than ever. We’ll take a deep breath and explore the realm of om.
- #OnPointListens: Seeing The Real Milwaukee
Tom reflects after his visit to Milwaukee.
- Week In The News: Bill O’Reilly Out, Georgia Runoff, Turkish Vote
A wrong-way Armada and tough talk on North Korea. Georgia runoff. Bill O’Reilly’s future. Turkey’s more powerful president. Our weekly news roundtable goes behind the headlines.
- #OnPointListens: Listening To A Divided Milwaukee
We are in majority minority Milwaukee on our national listening tour, talking about race in the age of Trump.
- France’s Presidential Election And The Future Of Europe
France readies for a high-stakes election that could lead to the end of the European Union itself. We’ll look at the populist wave and France.