WUSF seeks a high energy Development Officer to join our strong and growing Major Gifts team. This position connects Cornerstone donors with WUSF and WSMR and strengthens relationships through creative cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts.
The preferred candidate will be a good writer, have a passion for public radio and bring solid donor software and customer management skills. You’ll get to work with our most generous and engaged Cornerstone donors, as well as the talented and hardworking colleagues throughout WUSF
WUSF Public Media is a division of the University Communications and Marketing department consisting of three strategic business units; WUSF 89.7, WSMR and IntellisMedia. WUSF Public Media serves the university by providing the community with news, information and entertainment programming that informs and enriches their daily lives and is engaged in educational work in the community. WUSF Public Media provides students with learning and personal growth opportunities through formal classes and internships and informal hands-on experiences.
This position serves as a key member of WUSF's Major Gifts team charged with managing the processes around the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects for the Leadership giving program. The Leadership giving program is defined as those individuals making gifts of $1,000 and above. The Development Officer serves as the liaison for WUSF Cornerstone Members and also proactively manages stewardship programs for Leadership and Legacy donors.
- Manage the processes around the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects making gifts of $1,000 and above. In close cooperation with Development and Member Services staff, the Development Officer is the primary liaison for WUSF's Cornerstone members. Work closely with Member Services in managing the annual fundraising plan including Cornerstone sustainers, renewals, thank yous and pledge drive thank yous. In cooperation with the Sr. Development director and the Major Gifts Team, strengthen and proactively manage Leadership, Legacy and Cornerstone donor programs. Work collaboratively with USF Foundation Offices as appropriate, including the offices of Annual Giving, Gift Planning, Donor Relations and Special Events. Manage stewardship activities such as cultural offerings and suggest unique engagement opportunities for donors throughout our community.
- Develop materials in support of fundraising activities and make full use of WUSF's Allegiance database along with USF's Banner and Crystal software systems.
- Help plan, organize and execute a variety of WUSF special events, from station tours to small group gatherings to large Cornerstone events. Represent WUSF in the community at targeted events where WUSF would benefit from station presence. This will sometimes include evening or weekend work. Other Development duties as assigned.
USF - Tampa Campus
This position requires Bachelor's degree and one year of experience related to development or other appropriate professional experience.
- Knowledge of donor management software including Allegiance and Banner
- One year fundraising experience
- Event planning experience
- Excellent communication skills
Previous applicants are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.
** This position is subject to a criminal background check
To apply for any position, you must first visit USF's employment website. Once there, please follow the instructions and click on the "Access Careers@USF" under "Find a Job at USF." Once there, under Keywords, please type WUSF. A list of open positions will appear and click on the APPLY button of the position you are interested in. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.