Development Specialist -Temporary
Responsibilities include assisting the membership team with all designated duties, donor gift processing and acknowledgement, data entry, report generation and monthly database activities. In addition, responsibilities include customer service, on air membership campaigns, and interacting with volunteers.
- Performing specific operational duties following a calendar schedule. Duties include running thank you letters, membership renewals, monthly reminders, the morning update process, membership statistical reports, National Change of Address Reports and updates, monthly database backup; also includes projects such as tax receipts campaign and time lines for Membership campaigns.
- Pledge Drives: Physical set up for the Radio and TV pledge drives. Cover shifts during the pledge drives. Coordinates with other station personnel where applicable. Responsible for securing food donations for the FM Drives.
- Will be cross-trained on all Membership activities which will include batching and entering all donor contributions, including vehicle donations and matching gifts, processing invoices, morning Allegiance updates and coordinating thank you items (premiums )for donors. Monthly credit card and EFT decline letters. Sustainer anniversary letters. Processing Sustainer upgrade gifts. Also includes transmittal verification and daily interaction with members by telephone and e-mail.
- Donor relations-interaction with members via email, renewal postcards, new member check-up cards, 3 month special thank you letters. Also includes daily correspondence via U.S. Mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
WUSF Public Media is a division of the University Communications and Marketing department consisting of three strategic business units; WUSF 89.7, WSMR and IntellisMedia. WUSF Public Media serves the university by providing the community with news, information and entertainment programming that informs and enriches their daily lives and is engaged in educational work in the community. WUSF Public Media provides students with learning and personal growth opportunities through formal classes and internships and informal hands-on experiences..
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of clerical experience, at least one of which must be directly related to development or community relations. College coursework may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's degree. Three years in customer service, as well as database software and office applications. Knowledge of data segmentation process a plus. Additional experience working with confidential information. Proficient in word processing and Allegiance database management (or equivalent software) -- web module, a plus.
** This position is subject to a Level 2 criminal background check
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
** USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.