Associate Membership Program Director
WUSF is looking for an accomplished and driven Membership Director who has the skills and drive to take an already solid membership program to the next level.
You will manage the member services staff charged with facilitating individual giving up to $1,000 in support of our two public radio stations, WUSF 89.7 and Classical WSMR 89.1 & 103.9. As a senior member of our Development team, the successful candidate will have a desire to be the best and be an inspiring leader and collaborator who will help make WUSF extraordinary. At WUSF you will find access to the resources and expertise required to support your vision of growth.
WUSF is a service of the University of South Florida. USF provides competitive compensation and a stellar benefits package. If you’re looking for a great challenge to be extraordinary, apply today so we can further discuss this unique opportunity with you.
The WUSF Membership Director is a key leader on WUSF's fundraising team responsible for planning, executing, and leading the membership fundraising program for WUSF 89.7 and Classical WSMR that raises $3,000,000 annually in gifts of $1 - $999 in charitable operating support. This position, annually, is directly responsible for the successful acquisition of the largest segment of the organization's revenue.
Using a range of direct marketing and media techniques, this position is responsible for growing annual support from our broadcast and digital audiences by directing all aspects of a robust fundraising program to grow relationships with our current 20,000+ annual contributors. The position must maintain the 20K+ member base while seeking to attract new members; thus resulting in an ever expanding base. The Membership Director is part of the senior management team that is charged with developing and implementing long-range fundraising strategies and programs that will ensure the long-term success of public media in our community.
- Responsible for all fundraising activities for WUSF 89.7 and Classical WSMR's growing membership fundraising programs including managing and coaching the On Air Membership Campaigns, the Monthly Sustainer Giving program, the direct mail solicitation's programs such as renewals, additional gifts, lapsed and acquisition, digital fundraising including web, email and social media, telemarketing, and donor acknowledgements. In addition, manage outside vendor activity such as inbound call centers, premiums and premium fulfillment, vehicle donations, and outside experts, consultants and the database vendor.
- Manage the Membership Team of three staff members and one administrative level employee to assure attainment of station goals. Includes hiring, training and mentoring staff.
- Manages and directs the donor management program including tax receipting, payment processing, customer service, and database management for all individual giving activities.
- Strategic Planning, budgeting, goal setting, regular reporting for both revenues and expenses, meeting metric goals, bench marking, staff development and peer station analysis. Other related duties as assigned.
This position requires Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience related to development or other appropriate professional experience.
- Public Media fundraising experience
- Knowledge of donor management software including Allegiance and Banner
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Drivers Lic - Class E
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
To apply for any position, you must first visit USF's employment website at: https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/index.aspx. Once there, please follow the instructions and click on the "Access Careers @ USF" under "Find a Job at USF." Once there, under Keywords, please type WUSF. A list of open positions will appear and click on the APPLY button of the position you are interested in. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
WUSF Public Media is a division of the University Communications and Marketing department
consisting of three strategic business units; WUSF 89.7, WSMR and IntellisMedia. WUSF Public
Media serves the university by providing the community with news, information and entertainment
programming that informs and enriches their daily lives and is engaged in educational work in the
community. WUSF Public Media provides students with learning and personal growth opportunities
through formal classes and internships and informal hands-on experiences.
The University of South Florida System is a high-impact, global research system dedicated to student success. The USF System includes three institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. The institutions are separately accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. All institutions have distinct missions and their own detailed strategic plans. Serving over 48,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.6 billion and an annual economic impact of $4.4 billion. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
How to Claim Veteran's Preference:
This position allows eligible veterans and their spouses to claim Veterans’ Preference pursuant to Florida Statute 295.
Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING APPLICATION; such documentation is required for eligibility determination.
Supporting documentation, in addition to the DD214, may be required based on eligibility criteria. If you are submitting a DD 214, please ensure the social security number and date of birth is redacted/removed.
For information on obtaining a DD 214 visit http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ or call 1-866-272-6272.