iRest Yoga Nidra: A Meditation Practice
Annie Okerlin presents iRest Yoga Nidra at The BE! iRest is a meditation practice based on the ancient tradition of Yoga Nidra and adapted to suit the conditions of modern life. When practiced regularly it can create a strong sense of inner peace and wellbeing, which you can bring to any difficult situation.
iRest Yoga Nidra is a research-based transformative practice of deep relaxation and meditation. This guided meditation is generally practiced lying down or seated comfortably with props. In 2006 Richard Miller, PhD, of the Integrative Restoration Institute (IRI), developed the protocol and led the initial iRest research at Walter Reed Army Hospital. In June of 2010, Yoga Nidra was endorsed by the US Army Surgeon General and Defense Centers of Excellence as a complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
In this workshop you will:
- hear about the history of iRest
- learn how iRest supports the nervous system
- learn the protocol as we use it
- select a specific topic: heartfelt mission/desire, inner resource, spaciousness, opening the void, etc.
- Practice (40-55 mins)
- Have any questions answered
Learn more about Annie at: www.exaltedwarrior.com