Maryville College COncert Choir in Concert
The Maryville College Concert Choir was organized in 1917 for the purpose of singing vesper services and was originally named the Vesper Choir. It became a part of the music curriculum in 1936 and underwent a name change to the “Maryville College Concert Choir” in 1954. Of the numerous fine directors, the one with the longest tenure is Dr. Harry H. Harter, who led the group from 1947 until his retirement in 1981. Current director is Stacey Murphy Wilner, who is the director of choral activities at Maryville College. Wilner has served as past president and as the repertoire and standards chair of the Tennessee chapter of ACDA.