Monday - Friday 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM on WUSF 89.7
On Point’s host, Tom Ashbrook, is an award-winning journalist brought to public radio by the attacks of September 11, 2001, when he was enlisted by NPR and WBUR-Boston for special coverage, after a distinguished career in newspaper reporting and editing.
Tom’s career in journalism spans twenty years as a foreign correspondent, newspaper editor, and author. He spent ten years in Asia — based in India, Hong Kong, and Japan — starting at the South China Morning Post, then as a correspondent for The Boston Globe. He began his reporting career covering the refugee exodus from Vietnam and the post-Mao opening of China, and has covered turmoil and shifting cultural and economic trends in... Read More...
From On Point
- The Latest On Mueller's Russia Investigation
Special counsel Bob Mueller bears down on Paul Manafort, as the Trump-Russia investigation escalates.
- #OnPointListens: Talking Wildfires And A Changing Climate In Spokane
Tom Ashbrook is in Spokane, Washington for On Point’s national listening tour talking with locals about this tough wildfire season and our changing climate.
- Aaron Hernandez Found To Have CTE
Doctors determined that the former NFL player, who was convicted of murder, had advanced stages of CTE. We look at what that means.
- Week In The News: Trump's U.N. Speech, Russia Investigation, Hurricane And Earthquake Devastation
Trump and America First at the U.N. Russia investigation nears turning point. Earthquake and hurricanes. Our weekly news round table goes behind the headlines.
- The Colin Kaepernick Effect
Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback who took a knee during the national anthem, remains shunned by football. We’ll toss around why.
- Unpacking Graham-Cassidy: The Latest GOP Health Care Bill
Graham-Cassidy, the GOP’s health care Hail Mary to repeal Obamacare. We’ll dive into the bill and look at the high stakes -- for the politicians and for you.
- A Neuroscientist Tells Us What Your Dog Is Really Thinking
What it’s like to be a dog. We talk with animal neuroscientist Gregory Berns.
- From Amazon To Foxconn: Major Companies Making Moves
Cities across the country court Amazon for its new headquarters. Wisconsin signs a $3 billion deal to snag Foxconn. We look at the competition for marquis employers.
- Does Our Constitution Hold Up Today?
Was our Constitution made for this much economic inequality? One big thinker says no.
- President Trump's UN Speech
Looking at the President's first speech to the UN General Assembly.