On Point is the fastest growing talk show on NPR — two hours broadcast daily across the country, The show’s lively conversation covers everything from breaking news to ancient poetry, with newsmakers, thinkers, journalists, artists, scientists and ordinary citizens from around the world.
Monday - Friday 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM on WUSF 89.7
Meghna Chakrabarti serves as host and editor of On Point from NPR and WBUR, along with David Folkenflik. Based in Boston, she is on the air Monday through Thursday.
She is the former host of Radio Boston, WBUR’s acclaimed weekday show with a focus on news, in-depth interviews with extraordinary people, and analysis on broader issues that have an impact on Boston and beyond. She also served as the primary fill-in host for Here & Now, NPR and WBUR's co-produced national midday news program. And she is the host of Modern Love: The Podcast, a collaboration of WBUR and The New York Times.
Radio Boston has been frequently... Read More...
David Folkenflik was described by Geraldo Rivera of Fox News as "a really weak-kneed, backstabbing, sweaty-palmed reporter." Others have been kinder. The Columbia Journalism Review, for example, once gave him a "laurel" for reporting that immediately led the U.S. military to institute safety measures for journalists in Baghdad.
Based in New York City, Folkenflik serves as media correspondent for NPR News and as host and editor of On Point from NPR and WBUR, along with Meghna Chakrabarti. He broadcasts from New York each Friday.
His stories and analyses are broadcast on the network's newsmagazines, such as All Things Considered, Morning Edition,... Read More...
From On Point
- Week In The News: Kavanaugh Accusations, Florence's Destruction, Trade Wars And More
Kavanaugh and his accuser. Florence’s path of destruction. Trade war escalates. David Folkenflik speaks with CBS News’ chief White House correspondent Major Garrett for a special edition of the Week in the News.
- Oscar Winner Tom Hanks Shares His Secret To Success — And Love For The Typewriter
David Folkenflik talks with actor Tom Hanks on his career, his book and his love affair with the typewriter.
- CBD Oil: What It Does, Who It's For And Where It's Headed
CBD oil is all the rage. What you need to know about the marijuana ingredient that’s being used for conditions including insomnia, anxiety and epilepsy.
- In 'These Truths,' Historian Jill Lepore Asks If America Has Lived Up To Its Ideals
American truths, not so self-evident. Historian Jill Lepore on why the tension between fact and fiction has been with us since the nation’s founding.
- International News: Latest China Tariffs, Syria Conflict, Myanmar And More
Our global roundtable returns, with the top news you need to know from around the world.
- Actor-Writer-Director Ethan Hawke, In What Might Be His Biggest Year Yet
Ethan Hawke on his new film about singer-songwriter Blaze Foley.
- The Anita Hill Parallels In The Misconduct Allegations Against Brett Kavanaugh
Echoes of Anita Hill as the woman accusing Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct comes forward. Meghna Chakrabarti looks at #MeToo, justice and the Supreme Court with Irin Carmon, Mona Charen and Tara Golshan.
- In Memoir, Jose Antonio Vargas Shares His Life As An 'Undocumented Citizen'
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas made headlines when outed himself as undocumented. His new memoir is “Dear America." He speaks with Meghna Chakrabarti.
- Week Ahead: Florence, Manafort Plea, Typhoon Mangkhut, Kavanaugh And More
We’ll kick-start the week with the latest news from the hurricane zone, and a panel of reporters share what they’re watching for in the week ahead at home and abroad.
- Violinist Lucia Micarelli Does It All — Touring, Recording, Acting And More
Violinist Lucia Micarelli defies the limits of what music can be played on a violin. She’s with us.