On Point is the fastest growing talk show on NPR — two hours broadcast daily across the country, The show’s lively conversation covers everything from breaking news to ancient poetry, with newsmakers, thinkers, journalists, artists, scientists and ordinary citizens from around the world.
From On Point
- Looking At The Week Ahead In The News
Top reporters open their notebooks and share what they’re watching for in the week ahead.
- She Was Ordered To Stay Drug-Free While On Probation. Is It Constitutional?
If addiction is a disease, should a relapse send you back to jail? A first-in-the nation court case could decide.
- Week In The News: Zero Tolerance At Border, U.S. Leaves U.N. Human Rights Council, Trade Tensions
Trump’s about-face on family separation. Immigration battle in Congress. Retaliatory tariffs. The roundtable dives in.
- The Past, Present And Future Of Classic Rock
How can classic rock survive when its stars are aging and dying?
- Stephen Miller: Trump's Advisor Behind Separating Families
The art of provocation from White House advisor and immigration enforcer Stephen Miller – who’s calling the shots on the forced family separations at the border.
- Coastal Communities, Watch Out: Sea Level Rise Threatens Your Homes
Rising seas threaten hundreds of thousands of homes along the U.S. coasts, putting at risk a lot more than real estate.
- Behind Trump's Call To Launch A Space Force
The president’s call for a new military command focused on future battles in outer space. We’ll look at the new Space Force.
- Mapping Out Recreational Marijuana
Recreational pot is legal in many states, now comes the battle over where it can be sold. Cities and towns want their say.
- Zeroing In On Immigration, Asylum Laws And The Border
Family separation and stricter asylum laws are “immoral,” says Cardinal Daniel DiNardo. He joins us as we talk about the situation at the border.
- Celebrating Juneteenth: The History Behind The Holiday
Juneteenth is a holiday most Americans have never heard of but should know about. We’ll look at the history and the stories behind the holiday.