This is public radio's conversation about religion, meaning, ethics and ideas. Each week, host Krista Tippett focuses on a different theme, asking writers, scientists, historians and others to discuss how religion shapes everyday life.
Sunday 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM on WUSF 89.7
Krista grew up in Oklahoma, went to the far-away land of Rhode Island to study at Brown University, and ended up in divided Germany for most of the 1980s, most of her 20s. She was The New York Times stringer in divided Berlin and reported and wrote as well for Newsweek, The International Herald Tribune, the BBC, and Die Zeit. Later she served as a special political assistant and chief Berlin aide to the U.S. Ambassador to West Germany.
She wrote her book (Speaking of Faith), in part, to answer the question she is often asked — how she went from that mode of geopolitical engagement to becoming a religious person again and studying theology. When she emerged with a Master of... Read More...
From On Point
- Week Ahead: New Kavanaugh Allegations, Ford To Testify, Rosenstein And Trump
New sexual misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh. Christine Blasey Ford to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Rod Rosenstein's proposal to tape President Trump. We'll cover it all.
- What Does The Future Of Tech Hold? AI Crisis Awaits, Former Google China Head Says
Top Chinese technologist Kai-Fu Lee talks about China, the U.S., the race for dominance in artificial intelligence and how we can survive the AI revolution.
- Week In The News: Kavanaugh Accusations, Florence's Destruction, Trade Wars And More
Kavanaugh and his accuser. Florence’s path of destruction. Trade war escalates. David Folkenflik speaks with CBS News’ chief White House correspondent Major Garrett for a special edition of the Week in the News.
- Oscar Winner Tom Hanks Shares His Secret To Success — And Love For The Typewriter
David Folkenflik talks with actor Tom Hanks on his career, his book and his love affair with the typewriter.
- CBD Oil: What It Does, Who It's For And Where It's Headed
CBD oil is all the rage. What you need to know about the marijuana ingredient that’s being used for conditions including insomnia, anxiety and epilepsy.
- In 'These Truths,' Historian Jill Lepore Asks If America Has Lived Up To Its Ideals
American truths, not so self-evident. Historian Jill Lepore on why the tension between fact and fiction has been with us since the nation’s founding.
- International News: Latest China Tariffs, Syria Conflict, Myanmar And More
Our global roundtable returns, with the top news you need to know from around the world.
- Actor-Writer-Director Ethan Hawke, In What Might Be His Biggest Year Yet
Ethan Hawke on his new film about singer-songwriter Blaze Foley.
- The Anita Hill Parallels In The Misconduct Allegations Against Brett Kavanaugh
Echoes of Anita Hill as the woman accusing Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct comes forward. Meghna Chakrabarti looks at #MeToo, justice and the Supreme Court with Irin Carmon, Mona Charen and Tara Golshan.
- In Memoir, Jose Antonio Vargas Shares His Life As An 'Undocumented Citizen'
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas made headlines when outed himself as undocumented. His new memoir is “Dear America." He speaks with Meghna Chakrabarti.