Official Rules "Hamilton" at the Straz Drawing
HAMILTON! TICKET GIVEAWAY
1. NO CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Hamilton! Ticket Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by University of South Florida Foundation, Inc. d/b/a WUSF Public Media, a department of University of South Florida (“WUSF Public Media”), a Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with its principal place of business at 4202 East Fowler Avenue, TVB100, Tampa, FL 33620-6870. Promotion is only offered in the Florida counties of Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, Sumter, Polk, Manatee, Hardee, Highlands, Sarasota, Desoto and Charlotte (the “Promotion Area”). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
2. Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WUSF Public Media shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all its decisions are final and binding in all Promotion-related matters. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of WUSF Public Media and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
3. Promotion begins on November 27, 2018. Entry deadline is December 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawing to determine potential winner will be held on December 12, 2018. WUSF Public Media’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent or other required documentation and/or reporting forms) for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize.
5. To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident who resides for at least three (3) months per year in the Promotion Area (above).
6. Employees, officers, directors and volunteers of WUSF Public Media, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term "household" includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
Prize & ODDS
7. Prize (1): Tickets (premier seating) to see Hamilton! on February 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM ET (the “Show”) at the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, 1010 N. Macinnes Place, Tampa, FL 33602 (the “Straz”) and same evening private car transportation between the winner’s residence and the Straz for winner and one (1) guest, and a $150 gift certificate redeemable at Maestro’s Restaurant at the Straz valid through December 31, 2019. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,500.
8. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
9. Actual value of prize may depend on industry fluctuations and distance between winner’s residence and the Straz. If the actual value of prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
10. Prize tickets and/or passes and car service components must be used on the date and time set forth above in the prize description. Exact seat locations will be determined by the Straz. Use of tickets or passes is subject to all Straz rules, regulations, policies and restrictions. Visit or call (813) 229-7827 for more information. Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old unless winner is parent or legal guardian and may be required to sign liability waiver and/or publicity release prior to receipt of prize passes or tickets. WUSF Public Media will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Show or any other scheduled event or closure of the venue or any other inability to use prize tickets or passes in whole or in part and the terms and conditions on, or applicable to, the tickets or passes will govern in such event. WUSF Public Media will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of winner or guest.
11. Winner and his or her guest agree to comply with all applicable Straz regulations and policies in connection with the prize and/or any prize component and acknowledge that Straz may remove or deny entry to any person, including winner or guest, who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Straz visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any Straz policies.
12. Winner and his or her guest further agree to comply with all applicable car service regulations and policies in connection with the prize and/or any prize component and acknowledge that car service may deny or discontinue service to any person, including winner or guest, who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any car service driver, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any car service policies.
13. Gift certificate prize is subject to all terms and conditions thereon as well as any additional limitations or restrictions imposed by issuer. Visit for more information.
14. All prize details shall be at WUSF Public Media’s sole discretion. Prize consists only of those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, additional transportation, all travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, and personal items. Any person who wins prizes through any WUSF Public Media-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 MISC Form or other required tax document(s).
15. Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive the prize is not transferrable. Prize or any portion thereof not used or accepted by winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted, unless required by law. Prize may not be substituted except that WUSF Public Media in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
16. Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by WUSF Public Media. Merchandise prize components (if any) carry no warranty other than that offered by manufacturer. WUSF Public Media has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
17. Entries will be accepted beginning November 27, 2018 at 12:01 AM ET and ending December 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM ET. There are three (3) ways to enter:
a. Telephone: To enter by telephone, call (877) 330-1024 and follow the instructions or prompts to make a donation to support WUSF and provide any required contact information, which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and age or date of birth (“Required Information”);
b. Online: To enter by making a donation to support WUSF online, visit (the "Promotion Page"), click on the “Donate Now” button or “Donate” link, and select WUSF 89.7. Then follow the instructions to make your donation and provide any Required Information; or
c. NO CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY: To enter without making a purchase or contribution, visit Promotion Page above, click on the link indicated for entry without contribution, and follow the instructions to complete all Required Fields of the entry form.
These are the only methods of entry.
18. IMPORTANT: DATA RATES MAY APPLY TO USE OF MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE Promotion.
19. All entries must be received by WUSF no later than December 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WUSF. WUSF will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
20. Regardless of method, limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, mechanical, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, or the submission of false contact information under multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or logins) or any other devices or artifices to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries are prohibited and suspected or detected entry method violations may void some or all entries submitted by that entrant, in WUSF Public Media’s sole discretion. No group submissions will be accepted.
21. Entries must include a working daytime telephone number or valid e-mail address for the entrant. WUSF Public Media is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable because of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message, or any form of passive, or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind or failure to enable mobile or wireless device to receive "push" notifications. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
22. Entrants who fail to provide any Required Information may be disqualified without further notification by WUSF Public Media. WUSF Public Media is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. WUSF Public Media reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of WUSF Public Media and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
24. On December 12, 2018, or within a reasonable time thereafter, WUSF Public Media or its designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility, the person whose name is so drawn will be declared the winner.
25. WUSF Public Media will contact potential winner using the information supplied by winner on his or her entry form. Winner must respond to WUSF Public Media within forty-eight (48) hours of initial notification and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to execute and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), W-9 tax form and/or other tax forms and/or other legal documents (the “Verification Paperwork”) and provide them to WUSF Public Media within ten (10) days of initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. WUSF Public Media in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of Verification Paperwork via fax or e-mail. Winner will receive instructions on making any required car service scheduling or other prize arrangements.
26. Verified winner may pick up prize at WUSF Public Media’s offices at 4202 East Fowler Avenue, ALC100, Tampa, Florida, on a non-holiday week day during normal business hours (9:00 AM ET to 5:00 PM ET). If the prize is mailed or shipped, winner shall assume all risk of loss, damage, theft, late or missed delivery. If applicable, WUSF Public Media, in its sole discretion, may permit a verified winner to authorize, in writing, another adult to pick up his or her prize; however, winner must agree to release and hold WUSF Public Media harmless from all liability for any prize claimed by his or her authorized designee and winner’s designee will be required present photo ID. Upon fulfilling the prize, WUSF Public Media will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner and such winner assumes full responsibility for the prize.
27. If potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WUSF Public Media within the time stated above, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WUSF Public Media in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. If time permits, WUSF Public Media will conduct up to three (3) alternate winner drawings. If WUSF Public Media cannot verify a winner after three (3) alternate winner drawings or there is not enough time remaining prior to the Show to verify a winner, no further drawings will be held, and the prize will not be awarded.
28. WUSF Public Media may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner's name on the Promotion Page and/or any of WUSF Public Media’s websites, including and on or in any of WUSF Public Media’s social media pages or channels and broadcast it on any of WUSF Public Media’s stations.Except as provided in these Official Rules or otherwise required by law, WUSF Public Media is not responsible for entering any correspondence or discussion regarding any Promotion results.
29. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award WUSF Public Media the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on WUSF Public Media’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
30. By entering the Promotion, you agree that WUSF Public Media, USF’s Board of Trustees, the Florida Board of Governors, the State of Florida, Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including but not limited to: failed, incomplete, misdirected, corrupted, garbled or delayed transmissions, telephone connections, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website; or disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic; or entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by WUSF Public Media by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the selection or announcement of the winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry materials; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winner, the prize or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
31. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO the prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF the prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
32. By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of the prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party. If, for any reason, any individual’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, that individual’s sole remedy is another entry, if it is possible. harmless from all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Promotion
33. BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
34. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
35. WUSF Public Media reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, if WUSF Public Media determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, regularly-scheduled maintenance, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WUSF Public Media’s control. In such an event, WUSF Public Media will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winner at random from all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as WUSF Public Media, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
36. WUSF Public Media reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if WUSF Public Media concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WUSF Public Media or any other entrant or other participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including by using any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WUSF Public Media to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
37. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WUSF Public Media RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
38. All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a "winner" is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If WUSF Public Media determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, WUSF Public Media reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and the prize at any time. WUSF Public Media reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WUSF Public Media determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WUSF Public Media. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with WUSF Public Media and its representatives in connection with all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
39. WUSF Public Media reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WUSF Public Media reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
40. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or other participants or in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Florida law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
41. By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Hillsborough County, Florida, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
42. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
43. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
Winner's Name/OFFICIAL RULES
44. For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winner's Name, visit the Promotion Page or or mail a SASE to: Hamilton! Ticket Giveaway c/o University of South Florida Foundation, Inc., 4202 East Fowler Avenue, ALC100, Tampa, FL 33620-6870, specifying either “Winner's Name” or “Official Rules.” Winner's Name will be available after January 7, 2019.
45. Sponsor: University of South Florida Foundation, Inc.
46. STATE NONPROFIT DISCLOSURES: For information about the Foundation’s nonprofit status and other disclosures, please visit .