October 12 – 22, 2019*
Your WUSF Host, JoAnn Urofsky:
JoAnn Urofsky is General Manager of WUSF Public Media and Associate Vice President at the University of South Florida. She is currently on the board of directors of the Public Media Business Association, and has served two terms on the PBS board of directors and two terms on the NPR board of directors. At USF, JoAnn is on the Faculty Advisory Committee for the Institute for Research in Art/Contemporary Art Museum and Graphic studio.
In Tampa, she is a past president of the Athena Society and of the Network of Executive Women and has been a board member of Leadership Tampa Alumni. JoAnn received her B.A from The Pennsylvania State University and earned her M.A. at Syracuse University. She is looking forward to sharing this great cultural experience with you!
*Tour begins October 13 in Madrid
Experience the culture, art and food of Spain!
Beauty and fashion, flamenco and fabulous food, Picasso and Goya. Revel in the glories of Spain with WUSF on a tour to the stately capital Madrid and exciting Barcelona next fall! We visit some of Spain’s incomparable museums: the Prado, Reina Sofia, and those dedicated to the great Spanish artists, Picasso and Mirò. Excursions take us to the ancient towns of Toledo and Segovia, Philip II’s imposing palace, El Escorial, as well as the last surreal home of Salvador Dalí with surprises throughout. An optional extension to the lush and gorgeous island of Mallorca follows the main tour. Deluxe accommodations, incredible food and amazing art ― Olé!
- Private tours of major sites in the great cities of Madrid and Barcelona with expert guides
- Excursions to the palace of El Escorial, the medieval cities of Segovia and Toledo, as well as Figueres to see the amazing Dalí Theatre-Museum
- An evening of thrilling flamenco in Madrid
- Optional performance in Barcelona’s eye-popping Art Nouveau masterpiece, the Palau de la Musica
- Optional four-night extension to the Mediterranean island of Mallorca
- Deluxe accommodations in five-star hotels, and fine dining throughout the tour
- First class travel on the AVE, Spain’s high-speed train
- Private air-conditioned motorcoach transportation
$5,190 per person, ground only, double occupancy, ground only; Extension: $1,900.
Single supplement $1,145; Extension: $255.
Optional group flight: $1,235, economy on Delta Airlines.
Deposit: $1,000 per person first come, first served, due upon registration.
Tax-deductible contribution to WUSF: $500.
Balance Deadline: Friday, August 9, 2019. After that date, call for availability.
(Tour limited to 25 paying participants, or as hotel space allows.)
The Spain Tour is organized exclusively for WUSF Public Media by The Grand Tour Travel Company of Peterborough, NH.